Tuesday, August 23, 2011

San Francisco Here I Come!


















Aug. 23, 1991.

Oh boy, I am in San Francisco. I didn't impress me as much as I thought it would. after a torturous 18 hour bus trip, I finally arrived at 8:30 in the morning. I met someone who also was on the bus and we are staying at an unofficial youth hostel. It's not as nice an experience as the one in Portland. We have have a small room with me, Anthony and a guy named Ramsey? are sharing. I've been hanging out with Anthony who is from England. Id did the cliche things in San Francisco. I went to the Golden Gate Bridge and Fisherman's Wharf. Both were mild disappointments.

San Francisco is similar to New York in some negative aspects. There are plenty of homeless people milling about. I've taken the bus more here than I had in both Portland and Seattle.















Anthony is one who talks to anyone and we met some some girls who were going to the Golden Gate Bridge. One was really cute and was from England. We didn't hang out for long, they were jet-hopping to various cities in the US. I was so tired though because I didn't sleep much at all on the bus trip and didn't take a nap while I was here at the hostel. I was talking to more girls who were from Wales. Plenty of women here. I met people who were from Germany, Including this robust classic cliched German woman. She's got wonderfully playful eyes and I was flirting shamelessly with her. We went to a brewery and that was the extent of the evening.



2011 Update: I don't believe my first assessment of The Golden Gate Bridge is accurate. I may have been too tired and wanted to chill and maybe have some beer that day. Alos this was the first time I was hanging out with people whom it would be a problem getting into bars legally.

One thing I noticed that there were more foreigners at the San Francisco hostel than the Portland one. One interesitn thing was that the cities that they wanted to visit in the US were different from the ones that I liked and would like to go to. Las Vegas being one of the ones that's top on their list and near bottom of mine.

1 comment:

Santa Ana Office Cleaning said...

Thanks for posting thhis