Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Who Cares Karaoke

Yeah, I know I bore my readership with my entries about karaoke, I mean what a loser right?

Still, it is my one constant enjoyment on a weekly basis. My schedule is so busy trying to catch up on the financial pitfalls that started to befall me a year ago.

I see my family on the weekend during the afternoons, particularly to see my nephew.

So if I'm looking to meet girls I do karaoke, and the best opportunity is Tuesdays at Jack's in Long Branch.

Recently, they have been annoying me doing this Bud Light "Rock, Paper, Scissors" promo during what should be karaoke time. The winner gets a trip to Las Vegas.

Ooooh, a bland beer promoting a trip to a fake city of loud blandness. Be still my beating heart!

Anyway, my entries are really an excuse to post classic video clips. I have sung every song I've posted. That is my forte. To sing as many different songs I can think of, avoiding songs like "Baby Got Back", "Summer Nights", and any Bon Jovi song in existence.

Anyway, because of the Bud Light promo crap, I sang only two songs. Both I love, and both I felt I sang well.

The first is one I have sung a few times. "Cruel To Be Kind" by Nick Lowe. It's one of my favorite pop songs of all time. This was my best performance of the song. The video I have posted is so fun. A simple video from 1979 that always puts a smile on my face. Happy people abound, including many in Jake's.



The second song I sang was "Remedy" by the Black Crowes. I liked their second album more than their more successful first album and this song is my favorite of theirs. I sang it well even though it's a challenge. I thought the crowd would know the song more than "Cruel To Be Kind" but still I got a good response from some of the young females. It's too bad I had to go home. I vowed a period of celibacy and I'm sticking with it.

The video is a simple performance clip but The former (actually Future) Mr. Kate Hudson is so much fun to look at with his bouncy lithe classic rock star build.

video

No comments: