Sunday, April 27, 2008

Some Fun Movies

I figure I could plug some good movies I have seen recently.

First up is "Horton Hears A Who".

A kids movie for sure but based on a Dr. Seuss book written years before I was even born. Anyway, the animation company who made is responsible for for the Ice Age movies. Now I liked the movie but the one thing that threw me for the loop was the character of Katie. This was the most bizarre character I've seen in movies in I dunno how long. Check out this clip.

video

What the?

Another movie I enjoyed recently was "Smart People". It one of those independent films that takes place in Pittsburgh, features Tomas Haden Church and a main character who's a writer. Yeah, Triple Play! I like movies that don't insult my intelligence. Plus the fact that the son's dorm room looks just like my friend Amanda's co-ed dorm building back in the early 90's.












Today, I saw "Forgetting Sarah Marshall". A comedy that hits a bit close to home. It's about a guy who's girlfriend goes off to Vegas to cheat on him with a co-worker...oh wait that's not it. He goes to Hawaii to try to get over the fact that his girlfriend cheated on him with a rock star.

Like I said it hits close to home to any insecure guy whose had a girlfriend cheat on him. It's a comedy so you can laugh at the lead characters angst. It's made for guys like me who need to have hope for the future. Still, the character didn't have the financial problems I had, (It'll be nice to take a trip to Hawaii on the whim.)

Still it was amazing how familiar the dialogue seemed to me when I realized some of the dialogue was actually said towards me in real life especially when the character Mila Kunis's "Don't call me, don't e-mail me, don't text me me " line.

I also liked the line "Oh, if they were Sean Jean sweatpants it would be no problem, but because they were Costco brand, it's the worst thing I could do." Yeah, nothing like being judged for not being shallow about what brand clothes we wear.

If you liked the whole "40 Year Old Virgin", "Knocked Up", "Superbad" milieu , I recommend this movie.

Ta ta for now!


No comments: