Thursday, July 10, 2008

Theme Night Starts

I went to a new venue of Wednesday to do Karoake. It's called Bilow's. It's one of them bar slash liquor stores that I find creepy but I needs to do my karaoke. Anyway, I decided to make it a theme night after doing "Long Cool Woman In A Black Dress" by the Hollies. A woman, kinda cute but annoying asked me to join her for "Baby Got Back" by Seattle's own Sir-Mix-A-Lot. Since it's a song celebrating girls with a little meat on their bones, I decided to do the rest of my songs with this theme this night.
videovideo

You see, I had seen this really gross picture in the paper of a female track runner in the Star Ledger. She looked like a junkie and looked exhausted after winning a race. I know she's a champion athlete but I get douche chills over the build of a female marathon runner, I don't understand why any woman would want to destroy their body like that for the sake of athletic achievement.

But I digress. In keeping with my theme, I did yet another rap song "The Humpty Dance" by Digital Underground with the line "Hey Fat Girl, Yeah I Called You Fat..." I hadn't done the song before but thought it was a hoot.
video

Then I did Queen's "Fat Bottom Girls" a classic the crowd at Bilow's seemed to appreciate. I had not done the song before. Too many other people did it back in Seattle. It went well and I might do it again. Freddy Mercury was an incredible singer and to even come close fills me with pride.
video

Finally I did an obscure song I LOVE doing called "Bertha Butt Boogie" by the Jimmy Castor Bunch. It's very weird and I think I take chances in getting my ass kicked if anyone of African descent is in the audience. It gets on some people's nerves and this night was not an exception. Still, I love the song and Karaoke Steve was blown away that he had the song. There is no real viseo of the song but it's on YouTube as a series of photos.
Jimmy Castor Bunch - Bertha Butt Boogie Parts 1 & 2 (1974)

No comments: