Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Half Time...

I haven't written any blogs recently about baseball. That was because the Mets have been frustratingly mediocre and the Mariners have sucked beyond belief. Anyway my most recent baseball blogs were two sets of predictions. One was the real one and the second was one which involved "surprise" teams that I thought had a good chance of doing well.

Since the season is about half over, I thought it would be fun to see how good I'm doing with my predictions.

AL East: I predicted that the Red Sox would win the division and that the Yankees would be the wild card. My surprise team was the Tampa Bay Rays.

So far: Well it looks like Tampa Bay exorcism (Be Gone You Devil!) is working wonders. They are in first place with the best record in baseball. The Red Sox are close behind in second place. The Yankees are not so far back in third place not to make a run, so my predictions in this division is solid.

AL Central: I predicted that the Detroit Tigers would win the division and that the Kansas City Royals would be the surprise team.

So far: The White Sox are the surprise team competing with the Minnesota Twins for first place. The Tigers are a good run away from first place 7 games out. The Royals are 13 games out, not looking like they want it bad enough.

AL West: I predicted the Mariners would win and that the Texas Rangers would be the surprise team.

So far: The Texas Rangers are surprisingly doing well. They are 7.5 games back but have improved a lot from last year. The Angels have really jump out the gate to solidly be in first place. The Mariners are on their way to losing 100 games and breaking up their team by the end of this month.

NL East: I predicted the Mets would win the division and that the Phillies would win the Wild Card. My surprise team was the Nationals.

So far: The Mets and Phillies are one and two but whoever comes in second will not get the wild card. This has become a weak division. The Nationals are in last place.

NL Central: I predicted the Cubs would win the division and that the Pirates would be the surprise team.

So far: The Cubs are in first place as predicted. The Pirates are not horrible and they may even get a winning record. The Brewers look like they may be the real surprise team.

NL West: I predicted the Diamondbacks would win the division and that the Giants would be the surprise team.

So far: The D-Backs are in first place with a .500 record. The Giants are 6 games back but man does this division look crappy.

Anyway, I'll make a new prediction for the World Series with the new information.

The Cubs will win the World Series against the Tampa Bay Rays.

No comments: