Wednesday, July 09, 2008

A Family Affair

I'm being a bit self indulgent. On the 4th of the July, When I visited my brother to celebrate my nephew Sean's birthday, My Aunt Eileen gave me a few photos of me when I was a baby. She was noting how much I looked like Sean when I was a baby. I agree there is a resemblance in pictures taken when we were the same age. It was another picture she gave me that fascinated me more.



















It is a picture from my baptism. The attractive woman holding me is my godmother, Aunt Eileen. This was back in the days she worked at an ad agency. She was in her late 20's. The epitome of a successful working woman in the late 60's. I'm amazed and anyone who has met my aunt would be even more amazed.

The handsome man is my Uncle Neil, my dad's brother, with his oldest son, Rob. The woman with the black glasses is my mom of course. It's hard to believe it was less than a month after giving birth to her first child. The house is the duplex I lived in the first three years of my life. Do they even make those type of iron railings anymore?

No comments: