Sunday, May 20, 2007

My Top Ten Songs Of This Century

I can't believe we are in the 7th or 8th year of the 21st century, depending on whether you think there is a year zero. I think that I'm so out of touch with this decade's music, whatever they want to call the decade, the Naughties?, the Aughties?

Whatever.

Anyhoo, I can make a top ten list of my favorite songs of the time since we found out Y2K was a fraud. It's in no particular order

1.Be Gentle With Me - The Boy Least Likely To, I discovered this song through YouTube because I had this obsession with the chick who plays Karen on "The Office" and thought the video was cute and the song catchy.
2.Hang Me Up to Dry - Cold War Kids, I downloaded this song as the song of the week through I-tunes. It grew on me through repeated hearings.
3.Crazy - Gnarls Barkley, I loved this song from the moment I saw the Rorschach like video one morning. It was the song 0f 2006 in my opinion. Very memorable.
4.Level - The Raconteurs, the second song from Jack White's side project. It takes what I like about the White Stripes and expands on it.
5.I Turn My Camera On - Spoon, I loved this song when I saw the BMW commercial that featured it. It reminds me of a mid 70's falsetto Rolling Stones song.
6.My Doorbell - White Stripes, My favorite song from the White Stripes. It's simple with a piano sound I like.
7. Last Night - The Strokes, If the Velvet Underground made songs that were listenable, it would sound like this.
8.Hate To Say I Told You So - The Hives, A loud raucous romp of europunk trash
9.Take Me Out - Franz Ferdinad I have to be in the mood but when I am, whoohoo
10.Cold Hearted Bitch - Jet, I DO like the retro 70's sound!

That's it find them on Itunes to sample and buy if you like!

No comments: