Tuesday, May 29, 2007

A Book I Worked On


About ten years ago I worked on a book that had the working title "101 Uses For a Swollen Colon" It was an idea of Arlow Moreland's, a friend of a friend I knew back in Seattle. I did the drawings, got paid for it and never heard from him again.

I didn't think much of the idea but recently I went for a search about it when I came across the old drawings. And lo and behold it got published! By a very small publisher under the titile "Swollen Colons Out and About". I wish there was more to see other than this small thumbnail, it looks like my style at the time but in color. I wanted to know how much of my ideas got used.

As for Arlow? He was a go getter type and his unusual name made it easy to find out some things about him. He has done hypnotist shows, was an apartment resident manager and a promotions guy for a minor league baseball team in San Diego.

No comments: