Thursday, January 29, 2009

Karaoke and Komputer Krashes

So, in between trying to fix my computer after trying futilily to speed it up, I went out to sing at Mad Hatters to deglaze my eyes. I got there at about 10pm, it was cold and for some reason not many pwople were there at the beginning.

I still showed my true colors by being afraid to talk to "red" when she walked in but I did chat with "blonde" and settled in and drank a refreshing glass of Flying Fish Ale.

I sang four times, two songs I hadn't done before, one "go to" song and one popular 80's song in hopes to at least get "red's" attention.

"Blonde" usually sings two of the "forbidden" songs from my list but she challenged herself with new songs, good for her. As a matter of fact, only two forbidden songs got sang that night. "Baby Got Back" and "Living On A Prayer".

I batted .500 that night. the two I did badly were the new ones, both R&B lite songs I thought I would do better.

When I got to the Mad Hatter I had no clue what to sing. I saw the song "I'm Losing You" by the Temptations. I prefer the Rod Stewart version but I have yet to do a good Rod Stewart song, so I did the Temps version because I have done them in the past. Except I never done a Temptation song with David Ruffin on lead vocals. So, I did a very toothless version of the song.

The Temptations - I'm Losing You

Since I was having a hard time finding a good song to sing that I hadn't done before I went to a "go to" song "Possum Kingdom" by the Toadies. It wasn't my strongest version of it but it went over well. I felt like a tool though.

The Toadies - Possum Kingdom

I was watching an 80's retrospective on VH1, and was getting an earful of that era's music. I'm not a fan of the era but there are good songs, one of the most popular is "Melt With You" by Modern English. A classic if ever there was one. I've only done it once before and I did it better this time. It was the highlight of the night for me.
modern english- i melt with you

Soooo, comes time to sing another new song. A song I was singing at work as a joke. Whoops, my voice has been pretty hoarse recently and it's not good for horse singing. Plus, I didn't know the verses well, mainly because I didn't really like the song when it came out. Oh well.

Billy Ocean - Caribbean Queen


I thought you might be interested in seeing what he looks like now.


The image “http://m.gmgrd.co.uk/res/109.$plit/C_71_article_1021529_image_list_image_list_item_0_image.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

No comments: