Tuesday, January 26, 2010

A Little Help Is Needed....

Look at the photos below. they are of a lamp I have in the house I'm living in. It's a before and after shot of the lamp in the dining room. I was moving furniture when my head hit the bowl of the hanging pendant lamp and smashed it and it fell to the floor to shatter in pieces.


Now, It's not my lamp, My landlord installed it and I don't want him to know I broke it if I can avoid it. I believe it's a Hampton Bay lamp that's available only at Home Depot. I've been to Home Depot several times and haven't found the exact model nor have I found a close match to it. I went to the Home Depot/Hampton Bay web site and haven't found anything that would fit the scheme for a reasonable price.

Ideally I like to be able to just put a replacement bowl that has a 16" diameter with a hole in the center to make it presentable for the time I continue to live at this place. No matter where I look online or the few stores I've been to, I don't find anything really close in size and shape. I don't need to find the exact bowl but I'm getting frustrated at how hard it is to find something I can Jerry rig into fixing.


I'd appreciate any advice but be aware of the fact I have looked online using Google to look for pendant lamp glass bowls. If you know of any stores close by Union, New Jersey or any online stores that sells Pedant lamp parts I'd appreciate it.

Thank you,

Stephen Scanlon





1 comment:

Joey B said...

Check thrift stores and salv army, I think theres a big one in CLifton.

Did u check craigslist? How about Lowes Stores? I think there's a "Just Lamps" in SoHo, too.