Wednesday, October 15, 2008

In The News...

I was listening to the news today, oooh boy, The headline after the economy news was about the execution of Richard Wade Cooey II. A real douche bag whose crime was quite horrifying.

They mentioned how he tried put off his execution for being cruel and unusual because he's...

... fat.

Well, that argument was presented before when the method of execution was hanging. I have no sympathy but the hanging argument rings true. It rings true but, Lethal injection? Cruel and unusual for fat people?

How? Is it because it takes longer for the poison to hit the heart? To me ALL forms of executions are cruel, but lethal injection seems to be the least. That would be the way I would go if I find myself on death row but on one condition...

I want to be injected with heroin.

I mean, why not? It would feel good, many people chose heroin as recreation. Maybe death wouldn't be so scary. I wouldn't deserve it, but I doubt anyone would whine about how cruel it is be injected with sweet sweet heroin.

No comments: