Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Karaoke selections




Last night was Karaoke night. I sang three songs all form the 70's to early 80's

The first song I sang was Elton John's "Saturday Night's Alright For Fighting" I have been getting good reception on Elton John songs and I favor the rocking ones from the 70's, this song usually gets the crowd going. The video is from the 80's, I couldn't find a good one from the 70's.


The second song I sang was Squeeze's "Tempted" I love doing this song. Over the years my voice has gone from being like the vocalist, Paul Carrack to my own more rough hewn vocal styling. I got very good response from this, I guess there are enough twenty somethings that are familiar with the song. The video is one of those early 80's type which features a somewhat trampy blonde , who I can't help be attracted to.

video

The third song I did was Redbone's "Come and Get Your Love" I love this song, I love singing it, it's a happy song with a nice groove, the video is from the Midnight Special show from the mid 70's. The bar was full, people were dancing, what more can you ask? Over all a good Tuesday night.



No comments: