Thursday, July 16, 2009

On My Bike Ride...



I've had three most excellent days of bike riding. Tuesday, I rode my bike to Sandy Hook's Gunnison Beach, had my fun in the water, thought some one stole my stuff, which would be a nightmare but I just got disoriented and was looking by the wrong lifeguard stand. It was hot but good for riding.

Wednesday I went the length of the Henry Hudson Trail, veered north to Aberdeen and saw a brush fire. Stopped at a diner for lunch and at WAWA for orange juice. Another good ride.





Thursday, I had the first non raining three day weekend since the weather got warm. So, I decide to do another biker ride, this time mountain back riding at Hartshorne Woods Park. It was the most fun I've had in a long time. It was a bit hot, very humid but amongst the trees pretty pleasant.


I took some pictures on Wednesday at Aberdeen, I believe. I was fascinated by a style of house that was in plentiful supply there. I'm guessing they were built in the late 50's and early 60's. They may have been originally for summer home purposes back then but for the most part are year long homes.

They are done in a ranch style with a car port. Over the years the owners put their own stamp on the houses. Here's some of them.






No comments: