Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Disturbing Things I See Sometimes...

So, I'm walking around my neighborhood on the "other" side of the tracks. I gaze around just looking at things and I see some huge ass pickup truck parked on the side of the street. As one is wont to do when they have a huge ass pickup truck, they have bumper stickers and the usual "Jesus Fish". One bumper sticker said "No Illegals".

Okay, that's not very Christian, but whatever. Right next to another sticker (a Skull!?), was the sign "My boss is an Austrian Painter".

Hmm. It took me too long to not pick up on it. I usually see a bumper sticker that says "My boss is a Jewish Carpenter" which is an obvious shout out to Jesus. I actually thought "Is his boss Van Gogh?" trying to clue in what the cryptic bumper sticker said. It took 5 more seconds for me to clue in that he meant Hitler.

Great.

I live in a town of Nazis. Well, Middletown is a notorious hotbed of racism. I forget, it sucks. I'm tempted to spray paint "I'm A Nazi" I mean why be coy?

No comments: